Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Big Breakthrough!
I know it sounds kind of weird that I would be so excited, but Owen has just had what I think is a big breakthrough. As many of you know, we have been worried about Owen not talking. He's pretty behind for his age, and our doctor suggested we see a speech therapist. We've decided not to for now because we really don't have the money to pay for it, and because he seems to be learning at a fairly consistent rate. Well, we're pretty excited because over the last few days hes begun to start repeating words that we say. His vocabulary has expanded greatly. I used to have to ask him to repeat things, but now he is trying most words on his own. He also often surprises me with words he knows that I didn't realize. Today he said "drink of water." I didn't know he knew that. Anyway, I am so pleased. Yeah. I hope he gets better. He's still pretty hard to understand, but I'm so proud of him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that is great. I have 2 friends here who their sons had to have tubes put in their ears and do speech therapy too. That is wonderful!
Post a Comment