Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What could you do without?

After watching an Oprah show on what you could do without, we decided to try our own experiment. So, its over now, and I had a few thoughts. We decided that we wouldn't watch TV while Owen was awake. We wouldn't play Wii while Owen was awake, we didn't go out to eat, no shopping unless it was an absolute necessity, and we decided that we were going to have couple scripture study every night for at least a month. I must say, these are actually pretty ambitious goals for us. But we've learned a lot. I defiantly can go without TV more. I didn't really miss too much. And I really don't feel bad about it. I actually like the peace and quiet a little more. Not going shopping or out to eat has been the toughest. That's just what we do on the weekends when Michael is home. However, we have gotten a lot more done, and spent a whole lot more quality time with each other. Our experiment ended Tuesday, although we've decided to extend a few of our goals. We plan on not going out to eat for a whole month. That will end April 3rd. Also, we have decided to extend our scripture study goal too. I'm really quite proud of the things we've done. I've been shopping already, but I must say I've thought a lot more about if we really need what I'm buying. It's actually a real wake up call. Anyway, I would suggest anyone tries this little experiment. See what it does for your family.

No comments: