
Well, its been an eventful day. I had just put Owen down for a nap when I heard the mailman. I decided to run out quickly and get it. So, I ran out and shut the door behind me not realizing that the bottom part was locked. Scary, scary. My heart just fell when I realized the door was locked and I had no way to get inside. Are you kidding me. And Owen is inside. I frantically ran to the neighbors to call a Locksmith and have them come over. It ended up costing me a half an hour outside, and $65.00 and a few tears. However I couldn't help but think of the song "Count Your Blessings." So here they are. 1. It's 50 degrees outside. Not cold at all. Actually very nice, and seeing that it was in the teens a couple of days ago, I feel very fortuneate. 2. Owen was asleep in his room. At least he wasn't throwing a temertantrum by the door, or in a dangerous position. 3. I know my neighbors and they were kind enough to let me use their computer and their phone. Thank heavens for that. 4. It only cost $65.00. I think I would have gladly paid more. Now comes the hard part. Trying to figure out how to put a key box or something outside so this never happens again. Anybody have any great ideas?
4 comments:
So many options as far as hid-a-keys. We have a rock cut in half with a hole in the center, also a magnetic one inside the garage. We have an electronic keypad connected to the garage door so we can get into the garage and then if the house door is locked use the hid-a-key from inside the garage.
The dog idea sounds like a good one also if you want to deal with the barking all hours of the day and night.
So glad things turned out as good as it did. So many things could have happened. You are right to think of the song. Such a good song in so many situations.
Loved the prego pic!
Ra, not that you can wait that long, but I have some extra realtor lock boxes you can have (they usually cost $45) where you put your key in and all you have to remember is the combo. You may not want one on the front door, but a side door or a shed or even a fence or anywhere is good. Heck, when I get around to making you a blanket, I might just mail you the lock box too. Probably in Feb if you want it.
Don't get a dog, it would be cheaper to have your house robbed and never lock the door :). JK, but dogs are so much, I have too. They typically cost 2k in shots and damage the first year and I don't want to add up the slower but ever accumulating costs later.
Post a Comment