As from my last post you might have been able to tell that things aren't going so well for us. It seems like everyday we receive more bills and more bad news. Well, anyway today I had a simple win. Not a cure all, but a simple win.
It all started a year ago when we moved into our house. We got our first bill for the HOA and on it was the due date of October 08. Well, in September we got a late notice. Needless to say I was pretty angry. I tried calling them several times, but I got no response. So, I just paid it and moved on. Well, right after the baby was born the bill came due, but in the craziness of everything, i forgot about it. Well, we received another late notice. I thought 'no big deal, I'll pay it with our next pay check. That was really dumb of me.' Anyway, when the next paycheck came I wrote the check and stuck it in the mail. As the mail lady took it, she handed me another letter from them saying I owed another 25.00 for association fees and that if I didn't pay within 30 days I would have a lien put on my house. I was angry. They wouldn't have had a problem with me being late if it was the first time. And technically it was. Anyway, after trying to call them again and getting no response, I paid the bill and wrote them a not so nice email, in a nice way, that basically said that I wanted a refund of my first late fee and the 25.00 I just sent. Well, I got an email this morning. (finally a response!!!) They are crediting my account for both late fees and the 25.00. Now, my account will be in good standing. Thank you Amy at cmc management. I'm so glad I got a response. Plus when times are so tough, $45.00 makes a huge difference. What a way to make my day!
Monday, June 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's not a "simple win." That is actually a huge win! Some people fight like crazy to do what you did, and other people just pay it and forget about it! Good for you for getting your money back!
Love you sis!
Steph
Well Ra, sometimes you have to say "dang the torpedos" and that is the nice version. Say that to yourself, and you might feel a tad better. And I used to take a lot of crap rather than fight it, but you have to do it sometimes based on principal.
Post a Comment