Wednesday, December 17, 2008

How has the economy affected you?

Well, it has finally hit us, in a profound way. I knew it would some time, but I was hoping that we could some how come through it without any damage. Michael still has his job, so for that we are thankful. However, we've received a bit of bad news. No overtime allowed anymore. Michael usually goes to work early as encouraged by his boss, but that will soon be a thing of the past. We found out, he cannot work anything over his scheduled 12 hours. If he goes to work early, that's his time, and he won't be paid. All the classes he used to take on his days off will now have to be scheduled for during work. He may occasionally get some overtime by others requesting it, but none of this volunteering to work anymore. This is going to be really strange. Ever since Michael has started working, he has at least gotten 15 hours of overtime per pay period. Now he will only get 4 hours of overtime per pay period. (Because he's scheduled for that much.) Wow what a change this will be. Of course I'm still very happy he has a job, it has definitely got me thinking what we can do to scale back our bills and everything. I thought we have done pretty well on that aspect, but there needs to be more done, or we're going to be in trouble. Oh lets hope that things will get better. So, what kinds of things have you all done to cut back? Any tips or tricks?
I can't help but think this might be a good thing though. I'm looking forward to a little more time with my husband home. Plus it might help us to be a little more thrifty, and more cautious with our money. That's probably a lesson we've needed to learn a long time ago. Anyway, thanks so much for your comments. I would love to hear all you've done.

No comments: