Friday, December 5, 2008

The generosity of a stranger

Today I went to the grocery store to get a few things. Just as we went up to the check out line another couple came too. We both waited for each other to get in line, not trying to shove. The other couple just kindly said, "you're here with a little one, please go first." Owen was being good, but I said Thank you and began to unload my items. Owen struck up a conversation with them as we were waiting. They asked Owen if he liked shopping. I was still unloading my things when I turned around to see a dollar in Owen's hand. Of course I immediately took it and gave it back. The older couple wouldn't take it. Owen took it again to only try and give it back just like mommy had. I had no choice but to accept in the end and say thank you. So here's to the generous couple in the grocery store. Thanks so much for being kind... Just because... It's nice to witness that every once in awhile and be reminded to be kind to others also. Thanks

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing the kindness of people in the most unexpected situations... Now you need to strive to emulate that couple, and make someone else's day!
I love you sister!
Steph

Stacy said...

There is a study I heard of on NPR where they said happiness is way more contagious than sadness (good to know when your hormonally pregnant)....so I am glad it made your day and you will remember it more than the occasional grumpy stare you might get as a Mom.