Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fun Weekend






Well, we had a pretty good weekend, and I thought I would share some pics. On monday we went to a pick your own orchard and picked peaches and pears. I didn't have my camera, but I sure wish I did. Anyway, all the trees were dwarf trees and less than 10 feet tall, so even Owen helped. It was pretty cute watching him pick peaches off of the tree and putting them in the basket. He was so proud of himself. I've been busy canning, so here is the "fruits" of our labors.

Also on monday it was a little breezy, so we decided to try and fly our kite. We got it up, but not usually for more than 10 seconds at a time. In Virginia, it is not usually windy except for during storms, so it is kind of hard to fly the kite. Owen sure thought it was funny to watch Daddy run and get it in the air. That night we also had Dutch Oven ribs and Owen really loved being outside and watching it cook just like Daddy. Tuesday we were able to go for a drive. We went through a bunch of small towns mostly within our ward boundaries. We drove down to Charlottesville and drove around there. It's been such a long time since we've been on just a drive. We used to do that a lot when we first moved here and gas was cheaper. However it was nice to get out of the house and away from all the mess. I hope everyone is doing well.

No comments: