Today has been kind of a fun day. Here in Culpeper they have an annual free airshow at the county airport. I thought it might be fun to do, but was a little bit anxious, because last year a lady crashed her plane and died. I decided I'd take Owen and go by myself. (Daddy's sleeping) It was a lot of fun. Before the airshow you could walk around and see a bunch of airplanes. They also flew model airplanes that people had put thousands of dollars into. One guy even made a lawn mower into an airplane and flew it around, even did a few maneuvers with it. That part was pretty fun to watch. When they started the real airshow a guy skydived with an American flag down to the airstrip. Then they flew a bunch of WWII airplanes. They also had plane walkers preform. That was amazing. I learned that the wings of the plane they walk on are actually made out of fabric. I'm not sure what kind, but weird. They also don't wear parachutes. It was really cool. Then they started with the more modern airplanes and the aerial stunts. It was time for us to go home about then. It was really loud, and I think it was hurting Owens ears. I think I will go in the future. I would have liked to stay longer, but couldn't. I guess the pilots that did the show today do a weekly show in Bealeton where we used to live. However that one is not free. They also offer rides in the planes, for a cost. Loved it!
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment