I just finished listening to the 1st session of General Conference. I couldn't hardly believe my ears. I loved it. I couldn't help but feel the authorities concern and love for us. How they all seem to know what we need to hear. Within the first few moments of hearing President Monson announcement I began to cry. (I think that most of it was the pregnancy hormones) I am so excited to hear of the Philadelphia temple. All those people are currently in the Washington D.C. temple district. How happy I was to hear that so many people who travel so far to get here would have something a little closer. I think that maybe a few people who were not able to travel so far will be able to attend the temple more. I'm so excited. It is nice to see that the church is rolling forth, especially in areas that seem to see growth so slowly(at the present). I can hardly believe that another temple that will be so close to us will be built. I was also excited to hear the words of the apostles as they spoke of faith and hope in these times. I love their optimism and I must agree that it is hope, faith, and charity that get us through difficult times.
Well, other than that, I don't have much to say. Nothing exciting has been happening here. Michael has been able to get a lot of overtime, which has been a huge blessing. Owen is getting bigger and smarter every day. He is so observant now that it is hard to hide things from him, or distract his attention from things that he wants. He's exploring his world more and more. He loves to go for walks and pick things up, like leaves, sticks, garbage, and worms. We always come home with a few "treasures" and a need to wash our hands for a few minutes.
I'm doing pretty well. I'm starting to feel better, and I'm getting a little more energy back. The baby seems to be growing and developing as it should. It is beginning to be a little like fall here, but it is still very beautiful and comfortably warm. That's all I have for today, but I hope that you will all listen to conference and find comfort and peace!
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment