Well, thanks to my wonderful sister Stacy, I sent out some Christmas cards this year, but I didn't do the yearly letter. I thought I might take a moment and think back. Its a great way to see how we've been blessed, and how much our lives have changed in just a year.
As many of you know, this year has been really tough financially for us. Michael lost all his overtime, and that was a shock, because since he started his job he has worked at least 10-20 extra hours per week. However, in a way, it has been a blessing. He's been able to spend much more time home with us, and we've learned how to be much more creative with money and everything we do. But, we're happy. And, Michael loves his job.
This year has flown by really quickly for me. I was very busy Jan through March trying to finish the quilt I was making for my mother-in-law. Plus, it was the last part of my pregnancy and thus the most miserable. On April 7 Electa was born and time has really flown by since. I've been really busy just trying to keep up with housework, primary, the kids, my husband and sleep.
We were able to go to Idaho in July and that was so much fun. It was sure nice to take a vacation. In October I walked in the Breast Cancer 3 day in Washington D.C. It was so amazing. I will never forget it. Michael and I are already planning on crewing next years event. It was so very worth my time although my feet could barely walk for the next week. Thanks to all those who donated and who supported me and helped me. Mom, I did it for you. And I'd do it a million times over.
It has been a huge year for Owen. He's grown and developed so much. In May we finally found out whats been keeping him from eating and gaining weight, and I think hindering his mental developement. He had the beginning of ulcers in his stomach, and had an infection in his throat. Plus, some very terrible reflux. He's been on medicine since, and he's made huge strides. He's begun to gain weight again, he's talking like crazy. Most of the time you can understand him, and you can just tell he understands things that are going on around him better. He turned 3 in November and he has definatly hit the trying threes. He throws fits all the time, and he's so great at negotiating. He cracks us up. He loves playing and is so good to his baby sister. He's been feeding her, getting her toys and does anything to make her laugh.
Of course this year has been huge for Electa, oh to see how much she has changed. She is now rolling all over the place, but gets very frustrated. Oh how I wish she would crawl. Soon enough. She loves her jumper, playing with mommy, and eats most anything. She hates baby food, but loves spaghetti and anything she can put in her mouth herself. She's finally sleeping through the night, but she is very much a perfectionist. Everything has to be her way, and if it isn't right, she'll let you know.
Its been a crazy busy Christmas season. I feel like I have an endless to do list. I think that next year I will be simplifying. Thanks so much to those of you who've made this season special. I really appreciate all those who have thought of me and have done something about it. You don't know how much I really appreciate it. You've lifted my spirits and I am so thankful.
Happy Holidays!
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are incredibly wonderful, and a special person. Of course you think that your mother HAS to say this - but I don't! I am totally amazed at all you do. Keep up the good work! Love Mom
Post a Comment